This was great news about Joy Hendry this week. Joy has been a good friend to me, given advice and guidance, as she has done to countless writers and publishers in Scotland; a woman of great merit in particular in the eyes of the many women she has championed and promoted.
A publisher attending to a 'rights issue' - - that is what publishers do, surely?
To publish the book(s), reply to this email and send documentation and/or verification showing you hold rights to the content. Please submit any documents you have, along with an explanation of any previously published books within 5 days. If we do not receive the appropriate documentation, the book(s) will be set to “Blocked” and will be unavailable for sale on Amazon.
Acceptable documentation may include:
• A letter from the previous publisher reverting rights back to the author
• A signed copy of the agreement between you and the author
• A signed copy of the agreement between the author and the previous publisher
• A signed letter from the previous publisher indicating that they do not object to your edition
• Documentation showing the previous publisher holds nonexclusive rights
• An email from the address listed on the previous publisher's official website indicating that they do not object to your edition
• If previously published through KDP or CreateSpace, an email from the address listed in the previous KDP/CreateSpace publisher's account indicating that they do not object to your edition
• If the author has an official website, an email from the address listed on the author’s official website indicating that they do not object to your edition
Examples of documentation we cannot accept include:
• A personal statement by you that you have the publishing rights
• A copyright application for which registration has not been confirmed
• Contracts that have not been signed by all parties
• Private Label Rights documents